пятница, 17 октября 2008 г.

evil doll picture




Last week I got sick.

This was nothing new. It was Tuesday.

I had to go to work anyway. That was unfortunate and uncomfortable, but also nothing new.

The newness began around Sunday, when it began apparent that the nameless blockage in my throat and sinuses was going to play hardball in a way Iapos;d never seen before. Hours and hours of coughing interrupting any activity in the day and demolishing sleep at night yielded virtually no clearance. With some bizarre, Cthulian tenacity, I could feel the sputum yank itself back down after a bout of coughing. Even worse, the blockage took up strategic residence in a sensitive portion of my throat that stimulated coughing and kept me perpetually aware of its uncomfortable presence. This went on for about three days, carrying me past the one week mark.

On Wednesday, it seemed like things were finally improving. The unnameable barrier had softened and coughing, while still wrecking my sleep, was bearing some results. Fortunate, as I had to take the car off-island for maintenance.

Then the recovery detour happened.

Wednesday night, a bit of dinner lodged in my throat, tickling it into several hours totally fruitless coughing. At least, thatapos;s what I thought happened until I realized it was pretty ridiculous for any bit of food to stay lodged in the throat after all that hacking. In twenty-first century fashion, a little googling turned up an answer for me: acid reflux, which did happen to hit me that night, can irritate the vagus nerve, making it feel like thereapos;s something in the throat. This theory was supported when a bit of baking soda in water did help ease the sensation. By then it was 3 AM though, and sleep was once again shot.

Itapos;s Friday now, and while the original cold virus was beaten into submission days ago and thereapos;s no more sensation of phantom food in my throat, Iapos;m still coughing. I really hope I can sleep decently tonight.
evil doll picture, evil don tattoo, evil don tattoo flash, evil doughboy.



Комментариев нет: